Are you a street foodie and always up for trying some delicious regional variants? This one is definitely for you to try, then!
This one is a regular favourite for breakfasts in many households in the western region of India and often seen as a street food there. People use it as fasting food too.
- Green chillies
- Red pepper / Black pepper
- Soak sabudana/sago overnight (at least for 5-7 hrs, the longer the better), water should be just an inch above sago while soaking for good softness
- Add salt, little red chilli powder and little sugar in the uncooked but soaked sago and mix well
- Separately roast peanuts and coarse grind them. Grate potato, wash with water, drain water and keep aside
- Take ghee for tadka (can replace with oil for regular breakfast addition to keep it healthy), add curry leaves and chopped green chillies. Be generous with green chillies and put less red chilli powder
- Add grated potato and stir fry for 2-3 min
- Add peanuts and sabudana mixture
- Add lots of lemon
- Stir well continuously until the sago balls start turning transparent, do not add any water at all and steam it well for 5 min. For more softness, you can also steam it over a pan of water (no direct heat)
- For non fasting food, you can also serve with bhujiya sev and cut onions
- Some people also like to add yogurt to it, to each his own taste!