Looking to hunt your new favourite dish? A bowl full of flavours and all things delish? Looking to make Saturday date nights even more delicious? Or just a new regular to host your friends soon! Trust yes, you will not be disappointed to have Khow Suey as your ideal answer for all these! Try out this quick recipe below:
Inspired by the recipe of a fellow blogger, here are some of the minimal tweaks we suggest to this almost perfect recipe that makes four bowls of Khow Suey:
- Veggies should just be mildly stir fried, leave crunch in them and choose veggies of your liking as well as availability
- Don’t worry if you do not have lemon grass handy, it is mostly for flavouring
- If you cannot manage kafir lime leaves, again can squeeze in more lemon flavor
- Suggest to put only two dry red chillies for a medium spicy palette. Three, as suggested in the recipe, make it a bit too hot to enjoy the other flavours distinctly
- While you can replace paneer with tofu, I suggest to use paneer only as the hardness of paneer is much better to absorb these flavours and yet remain in good shape. Tofu is likely to break without absorbing the flavours. Even better if you can make home-made paneer if you like your meals healthy
- Suggest to put coconut milk and little coconut water instead of coconut cream to avoid giving too much coconut flavour to your curry – again to avoid overarching of the original Khow Suey flavours by coconut. You can even make coconut milk at home by blending fresh coconut and water
- Important to avoid curdling of coconut milk so continuously stir it while adding on medium flame
- For garnishing, it is important to have crunchy add-ons together with green chillies, lemon and coriander. Best crunch is added with shallow fried shallots, fried garlic, fried peanuts, fried noodles (like in chopsuey)
- It is actually a very quick recipe, and can be prepared in as little as 30 min of time. So indeed, don’t be overwhelmed by the length of the recipe. Enjoy your bowl of happiness!
2 Comments Add yours
love it!! looks full of flavour and SO delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! Do try it and let us know how you like it! It indeed is so flavourful.
LikeLiked by 1 person