Rabris come in different flavours, have you ever tried mango rabri? If not, you are really missing on a delicious and easy dessert. Try out this super easy recipe we put together for you, coming from our kitchen to yours!
Ingredients: (makes 6 dessert bowls of rabri)
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar (Can increase or decrease based on the desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup saffron milk
- Chopped dry fruits for dressing
- 3 diced/chopped alphonsos
- Heat the milk and get to a boil.
- Once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel and keep on repeating the process till milk reduces to one fourth.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron milk. Bring it to boil again and scrape off the collected cream (also called as lachcha) from sides and give a good stir. This gives the required thickness to rabri. Lachchas taste so good with rabri so very important to get them thick while intermittently stirring the milk
- Add 1 cup of mango puree along with 1 cup of diced/chopped mangoes. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and then add chopped dry fruits. Serve it chilled and enjoy this heavenly dessert!