If you are a true ice cream lover, you would know what it means to just hear the words “Natural’s tender coconut and roasted almond ice cream” or “Fresh coconut ice cream”…sinful, wishful, deliciously tempting, nostalgic, friends, packing in dry ice in flights from Mumbai to home, relishing with family are a few of our associations with it. We got our entire family addicted to it. It is, without a doubt, one of the most liked and bestselling ice-creams of the iconic chain Naturals that started in Mumbai, but now also present in many Indian cities. Not only this ice cream has the bestest taste, delicious flavour with fresh coconut chunks, crunch with almonds , this is just the most yummy thing ever! Don’t believe us – just try it out to see for yourself.
Did you know one can put this together with just 5 ingredients and in around 30 min of prep time (+ 6-7 hours of freezing), in almost the same way you have eaten at your favourite ice cream shop! Well even we didn’t know, until last night when we gathered courage to scan through some of the recipes online and eventually after getting inspired by a few of these, we created our own recipe for this. Check out how we recreated this magic, obviously no one can beat the original creator of this delish thing, but we are sooooo happy we got as close as we could and all of this at home!!
Said ’nuff! This awesome weather demands a scoop of your favourite ice cream – go get it now!
- 1 cup tender coconut pulp
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 1 cup refrigerated fresh cream
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- Add coconut pulp and coconut water in a jar and mix it once. Ensure that it is coarse in texture so you can see chunks visibily
- In a bowl, add fresh cream and coconut cream and beat it for at least 20 mins until firm peaks are formed
- Add condensed milk using a spatula and mix it well
- Add pulp mixture from step1 and give a gentle mix
- Pour this mixture in an air-tight freeze-safe container. Cover it with a cling wrap and then close the lid
- Refrigerate for at least 7 hours and enjoy a chilled bowl of fresh tender coconut ice cream
- Add roasted almonds to the ice cream to enhance the flavours
- Use refrigerated cream otherwise it will leave water. In case that happens, use drainer to drain out the excess water and then whisk the cream well using hand whisker
- Hand whisking is preferred over electronic beating
- Cling wrap is must to avoid ice layer formation over ice cream