This mediterranean style salad is all you can wish for on a Thursday, right after the midweek break and right before the weekend binging starts! We call it as our appetizing detox lunch binge! And oh yeah, avoholic in us is back with the fresh avocados added to it.
Again not a treat just to your eyes but taste buds as well, this has all types of textures coming together – ah-so creamy avocado, mushy mozzarella, tangy tomato, healthy baby spinach, crunchy walnut and cashew!
Finally dressed up with olive oil and balsamic together with a hint of lime and honey and our super secret (oops no more a secret!) oregano that you’d have noticed by now how much we love it and we are happy to hear from many of you as well that you have started putting as an enhancer to your food!
Ingredients: (yields one big bowl)
- 7-8 red cherry tomatoes
- 7-8 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 just-ripe and diced avocados
- 200 gm fresh mozzarella cheese – cubed
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach (can also use fresh basil if you like)
- Coarsely broken roasted walnuts and cashews (slightly big in size and not powdered)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp warmed honey
- 1.5 tsp lime juice
- Salt, per taste
- Oregano, per taste
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together. Whisk until smooth
- In a bowl, add tomatoes, avocado and spinach and toss gently
- Add walnuts and cashew followed by dressing and toss it all well
- Add fresh mozzarella cubes in the end so it doesn’t turn brown in colour due to dressing – this is important!
- Serve your mediterranean-styled avo-mozzarella-tomato salad!