We absolutely love the homemade hummus – one of our forever go-to side dips for any appetisers. We often find the homemade hummus so light compared to store-bought and it even makes a very hearty meal for us with vegetable sticks. We again made our five different types of hummus – classic, beetroot, chaat, green and carrot hummus. And this time, instead of having with chips or with vegetables, we thought of twisting them a bit! We knew what we were going to do next as soon as the five types of hummus were ready – make lip smacking delicious breakfast toasts – yes, five different types of hummus toast!
You can even change the topping of each toast and many options exist – pumpkin seeds, olives, feta cheese, spices, greens like rocket leaves/ dill/ cilantro / mint, walnuts, strawberry etc.
This is how we put together our hummus toast breakfast platter!
- Gardenia country loaf multigrain bread
- Alfa alfa sprouts or sprout beans
- Chili flakes
- 2 tsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 falafel balls (home-made – recipe coming soon!)
- 6-7 yellow grape cherry tomato
- 6-7 red grape cherry tomato
Hummus – ingredients & recipe:
Check out all the different types of hummus recipe here
- Prepare all the different types of hummus as per the recipe
- Toast the loaf slices using butter – on skillet or in a pre-heated oven, till they are nicely toasted (crispy enough)
- Spread 1 tbsp of hummus of each type on five different slices
- Sprinkle falafel crumbles on the classic hummus toast
- Place halved cherry tomatoes on each slice, followed by alfa alfa sprouts
- Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano
- Serve crisp your hot hummus toast breakfast platter!