When we received the amazing greens from @urbantillersg, it was absolutely awesome to see the superfresh bokchoy in there. It is one of the healthy eats we like in our meals at least once or twice a week. Together with it was some kale that got leftover after we made a bowl full of greek salad (coming soon on the feed!). So here we were – brining together the two of them to experiment a new kind of fried rice!
Bokchoy and kale together are a wonderful combination and add the required crunch and greens to your one-bowl meal. If you slightly roast kale in an oven with a drizzle of oil and a dash of rock salt, it even tastes better. This bokchoy and kale fried rice has a few other vegetables we like in our bowl – carrot, baby corn, onion, but you can always play around with the ones of your liking!
- 4 cups cold cooked jasmine rice
- 250 gm chopped bokchoy
- 150 gm chopped kale
- 1 small cup diced carrot
- 1 small cup vertically halved baby corn
- 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- Soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pan, take 3 tbsp oil and when it is hot, add garlic. Roast until it is golden brown
- Add onion, carrot and corn to it and cook for 3-4 min
- Add bokchoy and kale and cook for a couple minutes
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle some chili flakes if you like
- Add rice to the cooked veggies and gently toss
- Garnish with greens of spring onion and serve with jalapeno and soy sauce!