Your wish is our command, yet again! Here we go with the recipe of peanut chutney!
We wouldn’t be exaggerating if we said that peanut chutney has replaced the age-old coconut chutney as the essential side dip for all #southindiandishes for us! Be it idli (steamed rice dumplings), dosa (rice-pulse based thin crisp pancakes), uttapam (thick savoury pancakes) or vada (fried pulse based donut kind dumplings) or even the #northindian delicacies like #stuffedparatha or #chilla, one can just not go wrong to have it along with #peanutchutney instead of your regular dips. The flavours that it adds to the whole meal is so good, that we don’t pair it with #sambhar most of the time.
Try out this super #easyrecipe for peanut chutney made using just 5 ingredients and 2 dry spices.
- 1 cup roasted peanut
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized onion
- 3 green chili (adjust per spice level)
- Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- For tempering: 1 dry red chili, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp oil, 4-5 curry leaves
- In a pan, add oil and upon heating add garlic. Roast until golden brown. Add chili and onion and roast for another 4-5 minutes
- Add roasted peanuts to it and roast for another 7-8 minutes
- Blend all together to create a smooth paste (add water as needed), upon cooling
- Prepare the tempering in hot oil using mustard seeds and curry leaves followed by red chili in the end. When it starts spluttering, put the tempering on top of the chutney. It’s ready to serve!