While there is nothing additional needed to enjoy the taste of that heavenly bite of a super sweet and juicy alphonso mango, the beauty of this king of fruits only enhances when turned into an exotic dessert like a parfait. Of course the health-consciousness in us wants to make it healthier while keeping it yummier. So here comes the freshest experiment from @breakandbinge kitchen that became an addiction till the last jar was polished off in the fridge! Mango ricotta cheese parfait jars! What a fancy delight it turned out to be, surely becoming a regular now! The use of ricotta cheese is deliberate to reduce the fat, carbs and calorie intake of a typical cream or cream cheese layer and it tastes just so good!
This can also be converted to a no-bake mango cheesecake with a biscuit crumble layer at the bottom. Keen to try?
- 2 fully ripe sweet alphonso mangoes, cubed
- 250 gm ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice (just 3-4 small drops)
- 2 tbsp honey/powdered sugar
- Blend ricotta cheese, honey/sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together with a spoon but if it is still grainier, blend very mildly in a blender to make it smooth and creamy
- Place a layer of ricotta cheese at the bottom and smoothen it
- Place a layer of chopped mango cubes on top
- Gently place another layer of ricotta cheese on top of it
- Place another layer of mango cubes on top
- Chill in the fridge for at least 45 minutes before serving so all the layers are settled
- It’s ready to serve!