This dessert has its origins from Pune (India) with apparently the name associated with one of the Indian royal warriors Bajirao Peshwa’s wife Mastani who was known to be super beautiful – probably also the reason behind naming this dessert drink Mango Mastani.
Mango Mastani is a thick mango milkshake (especially made from #alphonso mango) loaded with a non-chocolaty ice cream of choice and finally garnished with lots of nuts and mango cubes.
Ingredients: (yields 4 medium sized glasses)
- 3 alphonso mango with half of it in small cubes for garnish
- 1 cup milk (200 ml)
- 2 tbsp sugar or 2 tbsp honey (adjust depending on mango sweetness)
- 1 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 1 tbsp chopped almond
- Ice cream (used here is home made vanilla strawberry ice cream)
- In a blender, take 2.5 alphonso mango, milk, sugar/honey and blend well
- Once the mango shake is ready, pour it in the glass and top up with a scoop of ice cream in each
- Garnish generously with nuts and chopped mango cubes
- Serve it immediately with a spoon and enjoy the heavenly taste!