Spicy or not, this vegan tofu curry will surely hit your taste buds just right!
Super quick to make and absolutely flavourful with veg fried rice or jasmine rice, this one is a quick hack for healthy eating for everyone at home.
• Vegetables of choice – carrot, beans, cabbage, snow peas, baby corn, broccoli etc.
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 onion
• Salt to taste
• 2 red chilli padi (fresh red chilli)
• 5-6 button mushroom (sliced)
• 10-12 cubes of firm tofu
• 1 lemon
• 200 ml coconut milk
• Oil to cook
• Blend garlic and onion together
• In a pan, take 1.5 tbsp oil and add the onion garlic paste. Cook for two minutes and then add carrot, baby corn and beans. Cook for another minute
• Add all the remaining vegetables, salt and cook for 2-3 minutes
• Add mushrooms and after a minute, add tofu
• Mix all well but gently. Add coconut milk and chilli padi (depending on your spice level) and let it come to a boil
• Turn off the gas and squeeze around 1 tsp lemon juice
• If you like, garnish with the greens of spring onion and serve hot with the rice of choice