Sometimes all you need on a bright summer day to refresh is a glass of pinacolada in your hands – oh well, the cherry on top (no, not on top of your glass!) would have been a trip to our fav beach as we ring in the weekend but well staying at home is a wiser choice! We can still enjoy this sunny day with the chilled, creamy and frosty pinacolada.
- 250 ml fresh pinepapple juice (save a few wedges for garnishing)
- 60 ml coconut milk
- 60 ml coconut cream
- Sugar to taste
- Crushed ice
- Maraschino cherry (optional, for garnishing)
Blend all the ingredients to get smooth, creamy, frosted drink out and serve chilled in a tall glass. For making it alcoholic, add 60 ml white rum while blending
Few points to note:
- In virgin pinacolada, it is ok to use coconut milk completely if you don’t have coconut cream and increase crushed ice quantity for frostiness
- In alcoholic pinacolada, it is best to use coconut cream with rum so it doesn’t become too liquid
- If you are using frozen pineapple, you can reduce the quantity of crushed ice as frozen pineapple would give the required frost
- For the traditional cliched appeal, garnish with a wedge of pineapple and/or cherry and an umbrella!